When laptop computers first became available, they were serious work devices. They were cumbersome, performed restricted functions, could only be used for work, and were also prohibitively costly. But now everything has changed. These devices have become slimmer, more powerful, and more economical, as well as capable of being utilized for entertainment reasons such as viewing movies, listening to music, browsing the web, and live streaming gaming!
Some computers are ideal for these tasks, while others are not. People may watch their favorite programs on any platform, from a smartphone to a high-end tablet to a laptop or a mid-range 2-in-1 machine. They all offer a nice movie-watching experience, but few are the finest. This article is a guide about the best laptops for watching movies.
To assist you in selecting the ideal one, we have compiled a list of laptop specs that every moviegoer should consider when purchasing a new laptop.
Things to Ponder About
- Display: Do not rely on sales talk. Aside from a full HD screen, only a 4K Ultra HD panel would provide you with greater enjoyment when viewing a movie. The size of the screen, however, is determined by the user’s comfort.
- GPU: Most computers nowadays, even low-cost ones, can run a movie smoothly. However, with a decent GPU, you can be certain that the image is not choppy and that the movie-watching experience is smooth.
- RAM: Watching movies on a laptop is a demanding experience for the laptop. Check to see whether the laptop has at least 4GB of RAM. At least 8GB of RAM is required to run the films. If you want to future-proof your gadget, you can go up to 16GB of RAM, but 32GB is excessive.
- Lightweight: After viewing movies on a wide screen, playing them on a cell phone no longer seems interesting. As a result, you may be tempted to bring your laptop whenever you travel. As a result, seek a thin and light laptop.
- A good battery: Running a Full HD screen and a graphics card consumes much battery power. It would be preferable if you compensated for this by purchasing a larger battery.
- Storage: Streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and Hulu provide many alternatives for viewing movies and TV programs. However, a genuine cinema buff will encounter scenarios where their favorite film is not accessible on such platforms. A high-quality video file may range in size from 0.5GB to 4 GB. As a result, we suggest purchasing at least 500GB of Swift external storage.
- Although you have previously gone through the checklist above, the specs mentioned below are just for your technical reference. They are self-explanatory and have been grouped into two groups.
|Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|CPU||10th Gen Intel Core i3||10th Gen Intel Core i5 or better|
|Storage||256GB SSD or Dual Storage||512GB SSD|
|Display||13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080)||15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080)|
|Graphics||Integrated Intel UHD 615||2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX250|
|Battery||Up to 5 hours||Up to 8 hours|
Best Laptops for Watching Movies
• 128GB SSD storage
• 15.6 FHD LED display (1920 x 1080)
• GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega 6 integrated
• Battery life: up to ten hours
The Acer Aspire 5 is an instant hit because to its full HD screen, which provides clearer, richer video. The display is made of LEDs. The 4GB is sufficient to broadcast and run a video in its entirety. A 128GB SSD in a laptop is a little modest, but you’ll need it if you want to download complete seasons in high definition.
There are two USB 3.0 connectors and one USB Type C 3.1 port on the gadget. An external hard disk may be connected to the device by the user. It also features an Ethernet connector, which provides the necessary data rates for downloading movies. In terms of design, it is big and unappealing. This isn’t the most portable gadget available. In an age of micro bezels, large bezels stand out yet do not irritate the eyes.
2. ASUS ZenBook Flip 13 (best with OLED)
• CPU: Intel Core i5-1135G7 2.4GHz
• RAM: 8GB
• 512GB SSD storage
• 13.3-inch OLED FHD Touch Display (1920 x 1080)
• GPU: Intel Iris Xe integrated
• Battery life of up to 8.5 hours
The ASUS ZenBook Flip 13 has outstanding specifications that are ideal for moviegoers. The screen is a 13.3-inch OLED FHD display; OLED displays help colors jump out more and are more vibrant.
The computer also has a reasonable amount of storage, which is great for individuals who want to download and save whole film franchises and series. The 512GB SSD is large enough to hold a few high-quality films and series.
The distinctive feature here is the laptop’s flip, which makes watching movies simpler. Aside from that, there are USB 3.1 Type-C and Type-A connectors, as well as an HDMI port. Overall, the ZenBook Flip 13 is an excellent laptop for watching movies and working. It is an excellent buy for less than $1,000.
3. The Dell Inspiron 17 has the best dual storage.
• CPU: Intel Core i5-1035G1 1GHz
• RAM: 16GB
• Memory: 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD
• 17.3-inch FHD display (1920 x 1080)
• GPU: Intel UHD integrated
• Battery life: up to 5 hours
This Dell Inspiron 17 includes an i5 CPU and a 17.3-inch full HD display. The display is not completely bezel-free, but the side bezels allow for extra viewing space.
The brightness and color reproduction are typical for the price range. There is a 512GB SSD and a 1TB HDD for storage. It features 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 and 1x USB 3.1 Type-C port. It also features an HDMI connector and an ethernet port.
The volume system is reasonably priced. It’s well-balanced and does a great job at amusing the user. So you’ll enjoy watching movies on this laptop without headphones since the sound quality is excellent!
One of the benefits of this fantastic laptop is that it has a DVD player, making it much simpler to view movies from CDs.
The construction is sturdy, yet it is lightweight. This is largely constructed of plastic, yet it seems to be sturdy. The laptop is slim and simple to conceal in a backpack. A fingerprint scanner provides additional security.
4. HP Chromebook 14 is the best Chromebook.
• CPU: Intel Celeron N4000, 1.1GHz
• RAM: 4GB
• 32GB eMMC storage
• 14-inch HD IPS display (1366 x 768)
• GPU: Intel UHD 600 integrated
• Battery life of up to 12 hours
Chromebooks are becoming more popular as low-cost all-purpose computers. The HP Chromebook 14 has been added to that list. It has an Intel Celeron processor and a 14-inch HD display screen. The screen, although being huge and HD, is extremely boring. However, this is one of the Chrome OS laptops with the biggest display.
The construction is sturdy and noticeably different from the previous model. The construction makes it strong and long-lasting enough to be carried out. With rounded sides and a hairline brushed finish, the laptop looks stylish. Overall, this does not seem to be a low-cost machine.
The metallic style is trendy and may be worn in both the boardroom and the coffee shop. It features three USB 3.0 connections and one HDMI port. You may connect it to a projector through the HDMI connector.
The Chromebook supports Google Play, which is an intriguing feature. As a result, you can now download and enjoy your favorite Android applications on a larger screen.
5. Best from Apple: Apple MacBook Air M2
• CPU: Apple M2 8-Core Chip • RAM: 8GB • Storage: 256GB SSD
• 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display (2560 x 1664)
• GPU: Apple 8-core integrated
• Battery life of up to 18 hours
MacBook Air for all your favorite television programs | Photos by Bence Fagyal / Laptop251
The MacBook Air M2 provides plenty of hours to watch movies and enjoy yourself in front of a stunning display with excellent sound quality.
Do you remember those irritating buffering breaks? Apple’s M2 processor, on the other hand, zaps through them and offers an uninterrupted viewing experience. A 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display will highlight every unique effect and stunning color in incredible detail. Apple’s True Tone technology is still available in the Air series. The screen brightness adapts to the surroundings to provide the optimum viewing angles and reduce eye strain.
If you’re anything like me, plugging in a charger is probably the last thing on your mind while watching a movie. On a single charge, the battery on the MacBook Air M2 may easily last all day – or a good binge-watch.
For audiophiles, the MacBook Air’s speakers are among the finest in class, rivaling those of the MacBook Pro. They’re loud and crisp, and they’ll substantially improve your moviegoing experience.
If you prefer to store video files on your laptop, I suggest getting the updated Air M2. The basic model only includes a 256GB SSD – although SSDs are very fast, the storage space may be insufficient. You might also use an external hard disk to save money. The MacBook Air M2 is excellent for viewing movies, but it is also a tough laptop with the high build quality. It will last you for many years and can easily manage the majority of the heavy-duty jobs you throw at it.
6. Acer Predator Helios 300 is the best laptop for movies and gaming.
• CPU: Intel Core i7-11800H 2.3GHz
• RAM: 16GB
• 512GB SSD storage
• 15.6-inch FHD IPS display (1920 x 1080)
• GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 3060 6GB
• Battery life: up to 6 hours
The Acer Predator Helios 300 is one of the few laptops that supports Dolby Audio, which provides clean, crisp sound whether you’re playing games, watching movies, or listening to music. It also features two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C ports (Thunderbolt 4 and USB Charging), two USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, and two USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports (Power-off Charging). The system includes 16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD storage.
With 16GB of storage, the Predator is capable of handling everything, even streaming high-definition entertainment. It sports an i7 processor and a 15.6-inch FHD screen. An IPS display with LED backlighting is used. It is crisp and provides excellent display quality, as well as vibrant color tones. The graphics card, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3060, handles the hefty visuals well. This laptop is a little excessive for viewing movies, but if you’re looking for a computer that can perform both gaming and media consumption, this is it. In this price range and range, the display is typical and does not stand out. It could have used a bit more radiance!
7. ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo UX581: Best Overall
• CPU: Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6GHz
• RAM: 16GB
• 1TB SDD storage
• 15.6-inch 4K OLED display (3840 x 2160)
• GPU: 6GB GeForce RTX 2060 from NVIDIA
• Battery life: up to 5 hours
The ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 is the granddaddy of laptops for viewing TV programs and movies. The laptop has a 15.6-inch 4K display and an Intel Core i7-10750H CPU. The bezels are narrow, which allows for better sight, however, other computers have thinner bezels. The display is bright and color reproduction is excellent. It boasts 16GB of RAM, making it a fantastic laptop for both streaming and running movies locally. It also features a decent integrated GPU, which comes in handy when streaming or viewing movies in high definition locally. The display is a 4K 15.6-inch screen with superb colors. It is a portable laptop weighing just 5.50 kg.
The laptop includes two USB-C Thunderbolt 3 connections, two USB 3.1 Gen 2 connectors, a VGA port, and an HDMI port. As a result, the user has a sufficient number of connection choices for attaching an external drive or connecting the laptop to an external projector.
These are the laptops that are now available on the market and are ideal for watching movies. The Lenovo Legion 5 is at the top of our list of best laptops for watching movies because it has a huge, gorgeous screen. With its Retina Display, mobility, and sleekness, the MacBook Pro is an excellent choice for business. MacBooks are also recognized for their long battery life, so portable viewing is not an issue.