How To Remove Computrace From A Laptop? Padlocks and security wires are no longer viable methods of preventing computer theft. Computrace modules are inserted on computer motherboards. It can convey instructions regarding its position via GPS signals without a computer. Enabling this function is a permanent option for safeguarding your computer equipment.
Computrace is not accessible on all computers and is also disabled in many of the computer’s input and output systems. Turn computers permanently on or off in your computer’s BIOS menu. You cannot undo a modification after it has been made.
DISCONNECTING COMPUTER LAJOCK FROM THE PREMIUM LAPTOP MAY BE A PROBLEM.
- This might be an issue since Computrace LoJack does not feature Laptop Premium.
- Uninstalling Computrace LoJack is not feasible since you need more access.
- This installation could not finish because the needed file could not be executed.
- Since not all files were correctly installed, an error occurred.
- The file may also be used to block the installation of the laptop premium on the computer premium.
- The Computrace LoJack installation left files and directories on the hard disk.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to removing Computrace from your PC
Today’s techniques of computer theft protection are significantly more advanced than when padlocks and security wires were the only options. Computerrace is a computer module placed on a computer’s motherboard. It operates independently of a computer by transmitting a GPS signal to its position. Apart from providing more secure computing, activating or enabling this function is a long-term solution. Not every computer has Computrace, but those that do may have it disabled from the System’s input and output. Switch on or off Computrace from your computer’s BIOS menu. You cannot modify it after you have done so.
Press the “Power” button on the tower or the top of the keyboard bezel to switch off a laptop.
Turn on the machine once the developer’s logo is displayed. You may enter the BIOS menu when the BIOS access key displays on the screen. While BIOS keys differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, most computer manufacturers activate the BIOS menu by hitting “Dell” or “F2” (see Resources).
Since the computer mouse cannot be used, the “Security” tab can only be accessed through the keyboard. There are three alternatives available here. The “Inactive” option has most likely already been selected.
By choosing “Disable” and hitting “Enter” on your keyboard, you may permanently deactivate computers on your computer. You cannot reactivate the computer module after it has been deactivated. Press “Enter” again to confirm that you want “Inactive” as the option.
Press the “F10” key to save the modifications, and the machine will boot into the operating System.
Also Read: How To Setup Modem Without Ethernet?
Here’s another way how to remove Computrace from a laptop
Method 1: Uninstall Computrace LoJack through the programs.
1. Unlock programs and featuresilod.
These features are included in the Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. Select Start, then choose the uninstalled software and click Result.
This function is included in Microsoft Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Hold down the Windows and X keys simultaneously to access Programs and Features.
2. Finally, in the list, select Uninstall to delete Computrace LoJack for Laptop Premium.
Method 2: Use the uninstaller.exe of Computrace LoJack for Laptop Premium.
On most laptop PCs, the executable file is uninstall.exe or uninst000.exe. These files are included in the Installation Folder of Computrace LoJack for Laptop Premium.
- Place the Computrace LoJack installer in the Laptop Premium installation folder.
- Installation is necessary. X or uninstall000.exe might be used.
- After double-clicking the uninstaller file, follow the wizard’s instructions to remove Computrace LoJack.
Method 3: Using System Restore to uninstall Computrace LoJack.
Windows has a System restore tool that enables users to restore their System to its original state and remove apps that interfere with computer functioning. After generating a system restore point, consider installing a plan. You may use System Restore to fix your computer and remove undesirable apps when this occurs. Before recovering your System, it is suggested that you back up your data and files.
- Make sure no applications or files are open.
- Right-click My Computer on the laptop and choose Properties. The system window will appear.
- On the left side of the System panel, pick System Protection. The System Properties window appears.
- After selecting the System Restore option, your laptop’s screen will show the System Restore window.
- Choose another recovery point and click Next.
- Select a date and time format, then click Next. It would be preferable if you mentioned that specific applications and drivers might not work correctly beyond the specified time and date, necessitating reinstallation.
- Click Complete to confirm your restoration point when the confirmation box displays.
- Confirm once again by clicking Yes.
Method 4: Uninstall Laptop Premium by reinstalling Computer Jack.
This software cannot be removed due to corrupt or missing files. Reinstalling Computer Jack for Laptop Premium may solve such a problem. Run the installer from the original disk or download it to install the application. With the installer, you may occasionally fix or install an application.
FAQs (How can I uninstall Computrace from my laptop?)
Should I turn off Computrace?
When Windows is embedded in the Computrace, the System is vulnerable to corruption. Computerrace may be turned off and on. Individuals with disabilities who murder each other for good are acting morally.
What is the location of Computrace on my computer?
How can I identify Computrace in the System? The most effective and simplest option is to use Task Manager or the same-named file in the C: Windows System 32 directory. There’s an issue with compressed data.
Is Computrace removed when BIOS chips are replaced?
Will the Computrace be deleted when the BIOS is flashed? The BIOS component is stiff. It would be in there if it were the ROM.
Is it possible to trace a stolen Dell laptop?
Users should call the Dell Laptop Tracking and Recovery Help centre in line with the appropriate customer service agreement if their laptop is lost or stolen. Our Dell Laptop, Computrace Tracking & Recovery Team, will analyze this information.
There is much to do to fix your “How to remove Computerace from a laptop” issue. But I’m doing all I can to assist. Please read the following article carefully, as it will assist you in understanding and resolving your issue. If you have any queries about this post or know of a better method, please leave your suggestions in the comments area below.